This page is "edit" protected. The "autoconfirmed" right is required to "edit" this page.<ul class='mw-logevent-loglines'> <li data-mw-logid="90" data-mw-logaction="protect/protect" class="mw-logline-protect"> <a href="/wiki/Special:Log?logid=90" title="Special:Log">21:33, 17 February 2022</a> <a href="/wiki/User:Sheep42" class="mw-userlink" title="User:Sheep42"><bdi>Sheep42</bdi></a> <span class="mw-usertoollinks mw-changeslist-links"><span><a href="/wiki/User_talk:Sheep42" class="mw-usertoollinks-talk" title="User talk:Sheep42">talk</a></span> <span><a href="/wiki/Special:Contributions/Sheep42" class="mw-usertoollinks-contribs" title="Special:Contributions/Sheep42">contribs</a></span></span> protected <a href="/wiki/The_Backrooms" title="The Backrooms">The Backrooms</a> [Edit=Allow only autoconfirmed users] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only autoconfirmed users] (indefinite) <span class="mw-logevent-actionlink">(<a href="/wiki/The_Backrooms?action=history&amp;offset=20220217143316" title="The Backrooms">hist</a>)</span> </li> </ul></ul>
This page is "move" protected. The "autoconfirmed" right is required to "move" this page.<ul class='mw-logevent-loglines'> <li data-mw-logid="90" data-mw-logaction="protect/protect" class="mw-logline-protect"> <a href="/wiki/Special:Log?logid=90" title="Special:Log">21:33, 17 February 2022</a> <a href="/wiki/User:Sheep42" class="mw-userlink" title="User:Sheep42"><bdi>Sheep42</bdi></a> <span class="mw-usertoollinks mw-changeslist-links"><span><a href="/wiki/User_talk:Sheep42" class="mw-usertoollinks-talk" title="User talk:Sheep42">talk</a></span> <span><a href="/wiki/Special:Contributions/Sheep42" class="mw-usertoollinks-contribs" title="Special:Contributions/Sheep42">contribs</a></span></span> protected <a href="/wiki/The_Backrooms" title="The Backrooms">The Backrooms</a> [Edit=Allow only autoconfirmed users] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only autoconfirmed users] (indefinite) <span class="mw-logevent-actionlink">(<a href="/wiki/The_Backrooms?action=history&amp;offset=20220217143316" title="The Backrooms">hist</a>)</span> </li> </ul></ul>

The Backrooms

From The Backrooms Wiki
(Redirected from No-clipping)
An image of The Backrooms taken mid no-clip. Possibly fake.

The Backrooms are a dimension outside normal reality. It consists of levels, each of which is not connected to any other level, although are classified as “Backrooms levels” due to their anomalous properties.

Venturing into The Backrooms, unsuspecting wanderers are immediately ensnared within the clutches of their darkest fears. They are inexorably drawn into the coils of its unsettling embrace, where the concept of normality becomes an elusive dream. The fortunate ones, driven to madness, find solace in forming colonies, their minds resigned to an existence devoid of reason. But a rare breed of brave souls dare to traverse this abyss as nomads, embarking on perilous odysseys through uncharted Backrooms levels. Driven by a thirst for knowledge or the reckless thrill of adventure, these audacious few roam the corridors of despair, forever entwined with the macabre.

Yet, hopelessness permeates every inch of this uncanny domain. For even the boldest wanderer, courage wanes beneath the weight of relentless dread. Supposed exits, whispered promises of escape, remain cruel illusions—teasing, mocking, and ultimately denying any chance of liberation. The chilling truth lingers: escape is but a hollow fantasy.

In the heart of The Backrooms, humanity's survival instincts become a fragile facade. Desolation reigns supreme, exposing the fragility of sanity and the futility of resistance. Each step taken in isolation is a harrowing test, an agonizing confrontation with the void. Bereft of companionship and besieged by nameless terrors, you are condemned to navigate this nightmarish labyrinth alone—a pawn in a game of cosmic horror where there are no winners, only victims of an unfathomable nightmare.

Levels

Levels are the main building blocks of this reality, and you will always be located in one of these. A few notable ones will be listed below.

Normal Levels

Normal levels constitute the prevailing category of levels commonly encountered. Correspondingly, their numerical designation positively correlates with an increased degree of dissociation from empirical actuality. A discernible organizational unit within this paradigm is denoted as a "level cluster", comprising precisely one thousand individual levels. It merits acknowledgement that inter-cluster traversal presents a formidable challenge, wherein exclusive provision is accorded solely to the inaugural and terminal levels within said clusters, albeit occasional exceptions exist.

Negative Levels

Unlike normal levels, these levels are even closer to reality than The Frontrooms, with level -999 supposedly representing a “true reality”. Some wanderers believe that negative levels also have multiple clusters, although there is no evidence to support this claim. Many negative levels are also dangerous, however, they are more stable.

Secret Levels

Also known as enigmatic levels, secret levels are levels that have a fluctuant distance from reality, causing many to act very strangely. These levels are not numbered, but are instead referred to with a name.

Sub-Levels

Also called child Levels, Sub-Levels are levels that share the same distance from reality as another level or fluctuate at the same frequency if they are a secret sub-Level. These levels often share characteristics with their parent Level and have their main entrance through their parent Level, although this is not always the case.

Entities

Entities are the collective name for the various creatures that roam The Backrooms.

Objects

Objects are various items found within The Backrooms.

Survival

The Backrooms are a very dangerous place, and as such, it is important to always carry items with you. Although some levels might require heavy preparations and an entire caravan of equipment, and on other levels, you can enter with nothing and be just fine, it is always important to carry items such as:

  • Almond Water
  • A close-range weapon
  • Clothing
  • Electronics (If the level has Wi-Fi.)
  • Food

As stated previously, many levels will require more preparation and others will require less, however, these are good preparations for most levels.

No-clipping

An graph showing the odds of no-clipping into each respective Level.

The Backrooms can be entered only by no-clipping from The Frontrooms. Wanderers have been recorded landing in Levels 0, 1 and 2, however, it is thought that any of the first 12 levels can be no-clipped into. It is typically thought that the chance of a wanderer no-clipping into a Level is 1% of the chance of a wanderer no-clipping into the Level before it, starting at 99% for Level 0.

No-clipping within The Backrooms

No-clipping is possible and frequently done within The Backrooms. However, it is different from no-clipping in The Frontrooms. While no-clipping in The Frontrooms is very rare and usually happens at random, no-clipping in The Backrooms is usually intentional. Merely having a will to no-clip is enough to no-clip in most levels, although random no-clipping happens in The Backrooms as well. Not to mention, no-clipping in some levels is impossible, and other methods must be used to exit.

Entrances and Exits

Entrances

The Backrooms can be accessed by no-clipping from normal reality.

Exits

The exit to the Backrooms is unknown, although it is possible that one exists.